- The number of respondents using tablets such as Apple’s iPad increased 407 percent over last year. Use of smartphones continues to grow as well.
- Nearly half of public radio members have been members for five years or less.
- Four of 10 listeners do most of their radio listening in cars.
- One in 10 owns a vehicle with a “digital dashboard” such as the Ford SYNC.
- Texting and use of social networks has continued to grow from year to year.
Jul 30, 2012
Jacobs Media shares findings from annual tech survey
Jacobs Media has shared some data from its fourth annual Public Radio Tech Survey. Among the statistics:
Posted by Mike Janssen at 11:44 AM