Advertisement

Nov 23, 2011

Thank you, public broadcasting

Here's a nice Thanksgiving tribute to public media from the staff of the National Center for Media Engagement, talking about what they're most thankful for. From Charles Meyer, NCME executive director: "I’m grateful for the times I’ve giggled uncontrollably while listening to This American Life podcasts. I’m thankful for being moved deeply every time I watch Ken Burns’s documentary about Lewis and Clark. And I’ve never been more proud and grateful to be part of public media as I was when my family and I watched the recent NewsHour segment about American Graduate and the Nine Network Teacher Town Hall. I could tell that my son understood the importance of school in a way he never had before, and I could see in my family’s eyes that they realized the enormous value and potential of what public media can do in communities. Thank you."

No comments: